For this role we are looking for someone with demonstrable experience in sustainability and carbon offset programs. The successful candidate must possess / demonstrate the following:
- Experience working either within the voluntary carbon market, within carbon offset consulting or with a large corporate implementing a carbon offset program.
- An in-depth understanding of carbon markets, project development and carbon offsetting standards such as VCS and Gold Standard;
- Passionate about sustainability, with a desire to keep pace with the latest developments;
- A confident networker, able to operate autonomously to build and enhance relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in an international context;
- Strong research and communication skills, with the ability to analyse and synthesize complex information and use it to develop ideas and recommendations.
- Analytical, numerate and creative – should be comfortable handling complex data and creative in their approach to problem-solving;
- Knowledge of strategic frameworks and key sustainability institutions such as TCFD, CDP and SBTi;
- Strong project management skills, pragmatic and professional, willing to seize opportunities, and take ownership to get the job done